Ready to see your child run to school? Apply now.
Now Enrolling All Ages
- 3 yr olds must turn 3 by August 31st
- 4 yr olds must turn 4 by August 31st
- Kindergartners must turn 5 by August 31st (however if your child turns 5 in September, we are happy to evaluate for Kindergarten readiness).
Oak City Academy does accept mid-year transfers into the school for grades Kindergarten through 4th grade if space is available. Please call 919.815.7742 if interested.
How to Apply
If you're interested in Oak City Academy, please complete our online application.
The Enrollment Process
1. Take a tour of the classroom+
2. Complete and submit an application for admission+
- OCA is now in an open enrollment period in which applications are considered on an ongoing basis.
- You may complete and submit your application online here: Oak City Academy Online Application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee is required with each student's application, which can be submitted at the completion of your application.
- You may complete and submit a scholarship application online here: Oak City Academy Scholarship Application.
- All scholarship applications are due when you submit your enrollment application.
3. Complete and schedule your student's academic assessment and headmaster conference+
You will be contacted to set up your child's assessment and conference after the beginning of February.
4. Acceptance letters and deposit+
Acceptance / Waitpool letters will be mailed out according to the below schedule:
- Early enrollment: Mid-March
- Open Enrollment: May (if spaces are still available)
Once accepted, a deposit of $200 (the student resource fee) must be received to reserve your child's place as a student at Oak City Academy for the Fall.
5. Attend the fall open house+
Open House is held a few weeks prior to the first day of school. You will meet your child's teacher, receive his/her school supply list, tour the classroom and meet other students and parents.