Volunteers play an integral part in helping OCA students flourish. Whether you play an instrument, want to help students with reading or writing, or work in a professional environment, OCA has an opportunity for you to share your skill set with our students!
Below you can see various opportunities to volunteer at OCA. If you are interested in serving in one of the below ways, please contact Amanda Penrose at email@example.com or 919.815.7742.
Regular opportunities directly enhance the learning experiences of the students on a regular basis and typically take place in the classroom. Examples include:
- Reading Partner - Read with a student who needs someone to listen to them and guide them along the way. (Any Day)
- Writing Tutor - Help our 1st and 2nd years learn the foundations of good writing through enriching literature. (Mon, Tues, Wed, or Thurs)
- Spelling helper - Help our students master their spelling words they have been working on for the week (Fridays)
- Lead an Activity - Prepare a craft for the students that will help them understand more about the unit study for the month. (Any Day)
- Share Your Profession - Come inspire our students through stories of what you do in the professional world. (Any Day)
Blessing opportunities involve fun ways to bless the children and enhance their general love of learning and occur on an occasional basis. Examples include:
- Holiday Craft - Work with our teacher to create a craft to celebrate a special day
- Material Prep - Cut, Laminate, Etc. materials the students need for learning
- Snack Blessing - Make a fun sugar free snack for a class or something sweet to take home
- Book Donations - Find used books or host a book drive to get inspiring literature for the children to read
- Deep Cleaning a Classroom - Volunteer to help with deep cleaning to keep our classrooms beautiful
- Repair/Maintenance Project - Come out and fix something that just needs fixing
Group opportunities occur outside of normal school hours and include:
- Book Drive - Help Build the OCA Library with inspiring literature
- Serve at an OCA Event - Ex: Art Gala, Christmas Event, Champion Appreciation, OCA Picnic, Sports Day, Teacher Appreciation
- Landscaping - Help make the grounds beautiful
- Deep Cleaning of a Classroom - Volunteer to help with deep cleaning to keep our classrooms beautiful
- Painting/Building Help - Liven up a wall with some color
- Create a Student Event - Create and sponsor a field trip, community blessing opportunity, which aligns with the curriculum.